Platform Housing Group (West) has a portfolio of over 16,000 tenanted properties across Worcestershire, Herefordshire, and Gloucestershire, in addition to their own properties they have maintenance contract for additional Social Housing providers.
In March 2019 Black Pear Electrical (BPE) were appointed to assist the in-house electrical team at Platform Housing Group. EICRs and consequent remedial works are carried out across the entire portfolio of properties managed and provided by PHG, ensuring legal compliance.
PHG briefed us that they required a contractor that could not only deliver on time and budget but also become an extension of their in-house team.
After spending time learning about and understanding PHGs systems and processes we designed our own to mirror and integrate into PHGs ensuring their properties are safe and legally compliant in the most cost-effective manner.
We undertook a programme of customisation of our job management system to ensure a timely and accurate turnaround from start to finish:
- Assignment of property
- EICR is booked via a telephone call
- SMS appointment confirmation is sent upon booking,
- Reminder SMS sent 2 days prior to appointment.
- An engineer attends to carry our EICR
- If any remedial works are required – a follow on appointments is made
- Provision of certifications and paperwork for audit trail
- Once a Satisfactory Certificate is handed over to PPG the job is closed.
We provide bi-monthly job status reports to PPG, letting them know:
- How many appointment have been booked.
- Which properties have returned a SATISFACTORY result.
- Which properties have initially returned a UNSATISFACTORY result and require remedial works.
- Any issue we are having with booking the appointments.