Finding the perfect contractors to carry out your electrical works can be tough. That’s why when it comes to choosing the perfect electrician, it’s extremely important to do your research.
Whilst every electrical refurbishment comes with its’ own unique challenges, what every project needs is intelligent design, skilled installation and safe commissioning. All ran, of course, with focused project management.
A properly installed and well-maintained electrical system, be it a new build or a refurbishment, can significantly reduce the possibility of accident or injury. So, it is important that any electrical work required, is carried out by people who have the right qualifications, the knowledge, skills and experience to carry out the works not only safely but to your desired standard and specifications.
If you are a business or any other organisation requiring the services of a commercial electrician at your premises, the following tips might be helpful.
- Be clear about what you want to achieve. By clearly outlining the type of work you want to be carried out, it will be easier for electricians to provide you with a more accurate quote. This will help you with your decision when choosing.
- Check whether they are NICEIC registered, choosing a registered electrician means you will get additional protections should something go wrong. You can always contact the scheme directly if you want to check the individual’s registration.
- Ensure that they have experience in previous relevant sectors or similar types of projects.
- Are there any references from previous customers, you can ask these referees to explain the work they had done and how satisfied they were with the job done.
- Check to see if the electrician is licensed and insured before any works are carried out.
- If an electrician makes you feel uncomfortable for any reason, then seek advice before you contract them to do work for you.
- Also, get a few quotes so that you can compare options. But make sure your are comparing like for like.
- While price is obviously an important consideration do not base your decision entirely on this.
- Don’t feel pressured to make a decision quickly.
Here at Black Pear Electrical, we’ll be sure to set realistic expectations from the start and deliver on them. We understand that each of our customers have unique business demands. We adapt our working method, times and days of work where appropriate. We are equally versed in working in live environments ensuring that we minimise disruption to our client’s business.
We offer a range of electrical services including; compliance testing, installation, maintenance and upgrades. We have worked with many different organisations and business sectors including; schools, hotels, care homes, leisure facilities, commercial and industrial businesses. Whatever your project our highly specialised team will be led by a dedicated Project Manager who will carry out regular site inspections to ensure that your project is running efficiently and to the highest levels of safety. You’ll receive regular progress updates, a flexible approach and a team you can rely on.
We hope we can be of service to you and give you the support and advice you may need to help take the stress out of the whole process. If you would like to find out more, please visit our website or call us on 01905 700 490.